Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

TECH People -- please advise

My computer has a Type II PC Card Slot with 34mm Express Card via adapter

Will this slot read a PCMCIA card? and if so, with or without an adapter?

Thanks for your help! I just physically and mentally do not have enough time in the day to do all the research, and I know someone has the answers!!


Aug. 6th, 2007 05:49 pm (UTC)
PC card is the nickname for a PCMCIA card. After a while we get tired of long abbreviations. Im suprised SEX isnt SX by now.
Express card is the new replacement technology for pc card. its enough different that the Express card needs a connector adapter to connect into a pc card slot. No adapter is required to plug in a pc card or a PCMCIA card.
Aug. 6th, 2007 06:24 pm (UTC)
Re: PCMCIA card

thanks so much! :)